Lets Work Together
I believe that life is a patchwork of experiences that should be shared.
I am a retired Ph.D. chemist with a lifelong passion for travel, photography and quilting. Traveling the world is one of my deepest passions which continues to add to my ever growing quilt of life experiences I like to focus my traveling lens on history, art, architecture, nature, cruising, and soft adventure with a touch of luxury.
My website is a labor of love where I share my travel experiences to inspire others to go outside their comfort zones and experience the world. Quality writing and engaging photography are my first priority. I only write about the places where I have traveled, so all my content reflects personal and authentic experiences.
I like to say that I write because I travel. I want my content to inspire others to travel and to be a useful , honest, and a dependable resource. I do not and never will have ads. I don’t accept sponsored content or guest posts. I also don’t have affiliate links so will never promote something just to get that income.
The stories I write for my site are also SEO optimized to insure long term searchability with Google and other search engines. However, I do not sacrifice quality writing or photography in favor of SEO. In fact, I try very hard to produce an engaging post that also makes the Google gods happy. (See my awards for writing and photography below). I continuously work to update my content so that it is evergreen.
I also look for opportunities to promote the brands I work with by writing freelance articles for other sites/publications. You can find the complete list on my Bylines page.
You can read my personal story on my About Me page.
- Sponsored media trips and press trips
- Product, accommodation, and destination reviews
- Brand representative or ambassador
- Freelance writing
- Quilting Lectures and Instruction
What you get in return:
A mature, professional, and engaged partner. With 25+ years of experience working in the corporate world, I understand what makes a successful business relationship. I can provide well written, insightful articles, captivating and inspiring professional quality photos, and comprehensive social media coverage.
Brands I have worked with:
- Iceland ProCruises – Iceland and Greenland small ship cruise specialists
- Princess Cruise line – numerous cruises in all parts of the world
- Pandaw River Cruises – luxury river cruising in Asia
- European Waterways – luxury canal barging in France
- Running On Waves – luxury small ship sailing in the Greek islands
- Pass2Greece PR and Central Macedonia, Greece
- Jordan tourism board
- Lucerne tourism board
- Row Adventures – lodge to lodge rafting on the Rogue River
- Explore Fairbanks tourism board– Alaska
- Biosphere Expeditions – volunteer citizen science in Kenya
- Washington County Visitor Association, Tualatin Valley – Oregon
- Travel Portland – Oregon
- Visit Big Bend – Texas
- Southernmost Illinois Tourism Bureau
- Visit Frederick – Maryland
- Visit Hershey – Pennsylvania
I am very proud of all the awards my blog and my content has received, especially the 2 Lowell Thomas awards from the SATW foundation. This is the premier North American travel writing contest and I am honored and humbled to have my content recognized alongside writers from the New York times, National Geographic, and Travel and Leisure, among others.
The North America Travel Journalists Association has also recognized my stories and photography with a total of 24 awards in a variety of writing and photography categories.
I have also received 13 awards in the annual IFWTWA photography competitions.
For links to these winning posts please go to Awarded stories and photos.
- I am an active member of the North America Travel Journalists Association (NATJA)
- I am a member of the International Food, Wine and Travel Writers Association (IFWTWA) and am part of the Media Trip planning committee
- I am a member of the Outdoor Writers Association of America
- I am a member of the International Travel Writer’s Alliance
Connect with me:
Please get in touch with me at email@example.com.
Or, connect with me on social media:
My site is where I share my travel stories and my quilt designs to inspire others in their new learning experiences. Let’s work together to promote your brand with my audience.
My experiences. My voice. Your inspiration.
Thanks for visiting.
Rose Palmer Quiltripping Media Kit 1-31-2024